Preparing for your stay at any of St. Charles' hospitals
Information needed for admission
Please be prepared to provide this information and documentation:
- Full name, address and telephone number(s)
- Birth date and Social Security number
- Evidence of private or government insurance coverage
- Name, address and telephone number(s) for primary care or referral physician
- Complete list of current medications, including over-the-counter drugs, vitamins and nutritional supplements including dosages
- Complete list of known and suspected allergies
- Copy of Living Will or Advanced Directive*
- Contact information for your Medical Power of Attorney*
*We can provide copies of these documents if needed.
Items to bring for your comfort
We invite you to bring items from home to enhance your comfort during your stay including:
- Sleepwear, including robe and slippers
- Sturdy, flat-soled shoes and loose comfortable clothing
- Separate clothes for your return home
- Favorite toiletries
- Razors, curling irons and blow dryers are the only electrical items you may bring and only electric razors are allowed in the Critical Care Unit
- A prepaid calling card for long-distance telephone calls*
*Cell phones are permitted in most areas of the hospital.
Please do not bring jewelry and other valuables. The hospital is not responsible for lost personal items. Valuables that you inadvertently bring and which cannot be sent home with a family member or friend, will be collected and locked in a safe at the Business Office.
If you've forgotten something, you can also purchase amenities at our hospital gift shops.